Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD5] EXPORT script for Blender 2.6x (OPEN)

<< < (2/46) > >>

kat:
I just looked at my old 'Bob' character model files I've got on site and the *.md5mesh data is not that far off what you've got there.

NumWeights looks like this;
--- Code: ---weight 0 15 1.000000 0.872552 4.004826 1.665381
--- End code ---
NumVerts looks like this;
--- Code: ---vert 0 0.162109 0.550781 0 1
--- End code ---
So at first glance it looks like the format is actually structured that way in terms of it's appearance without necessarily meaning that it *is* XYZ coordinate data?... if that makes sense?

keless:

--- Quote from: kat on September 13, 2010, 06:09:48 AM ---I just looked at my old 'Bob' character model files I've got on site and the *.md5mesh data is not that far off what you've got there.

NumWeights looks like this;
--- Code: ---weight 0 15 1.000000 0.872552 4.004826 1.665381
--- End code ---
NumVerts looks like this;
--- Code: ---vert 0 0.162109 0.550781 0 1
--- End code ---
So at first glance it looks like the format is actually structured that way in terms of it's appearance without necessarily meaning that it *is* XYZ coordinate data?... if that makes sense?

--- End quote ---

Well, if the vector3f in Weight _isnt_ an XYZ coordinate of a vector, where IS that data? I basically assumed it was positional since there doesnt seem to be any other positional data other than the quat+pos for bones.

Tomorrow I'll take a look at the old 2.4x export script and see what I can figure out.

ratty redemption:
@keless, although i can't help i 'applaud' you for working on this *thumbs up*

keless:

--- Quote from: ratty redemption on September 13, 2010, 10:28:41 AM ---@keless, although i can't help i 'applaud' you for working on this *thumbs up*

--- End quote ---

np, I needed to practice some python anyway  ;)   Just wish it wasn't a weakly typed language, it makes it harder to read other people's scripts when they don't comment their variable declarations

ratty redemption:
@keless, understood and i can imagine that would be frustrating, but well done for persevering, it's a shame there aren't more coders like you willing to work on these import/export scripts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version