KatsBits Community

Mesh file is too big for imvu

CatNoir · 4 · 12425

Offline CatNoir

Goodevening,

I spend 2 days on making myself a pretty decent mesh for imvu, finally done i wanted to put it in shop and imvu says my file is too big... 2,63MB. Looked up on google and found something about polygons? So i lowered those but for some reason the file now is 3,45MB? I even turned on "compress file" for both the mesh and the imvu fbx file. I am at a loss what to do now. I found out its the "chain" i created on the mesh that is so high on polygons but even after trying to lower the polygons on that imvu kept saying it was a bigger file than before. Lowering the poly's on the chain alone will STILL mess up the mesh once i "join" it, making it look horrible. Can someone help me with figuring out how to lower the size of the mesh so i can upload it to imvu witouth having to ruin my design?

Sincerly Daniel

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Yep that's happens with chains. Forgot to upload these videos a while back on making individual chain links that should then mean being able to created chains that don't break IMVU, obviously subject to how long or complex the chain and links are - basically each link needs to be as low poly as possible before duplication.

Offline CatNoir

Thank you! I managed to lower the poly of one chain to 18 and now my mesh went from 4000 to like 1300 and imvu is now accepting it. I also remade the collar part and bell since those were having high poly's too. Again thank you for your help!

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Oh yep forgot to comment on the necklace.. same thing, they can be made '3D' without adding too many polygons... see here for a simple 'plain' necklace but note how that might be modified to increase the details without necessarily killing IMVU! Basically start as low as possible and add detail where necessary, you don't need much!